0115 8494 484 enquiries@arresidential.co.uk

Complaints Procedure

What can I do if I am not satisfied with the service I have received from you?

Whilst we are committed to providing a quality service, we acknowledge that on occasions things can go wrong. If we do not meet your expectations and you are dissatisfied in some way, then we wish to know. Most complaints stem from a lack of communication, in that either we misunderstand your instructions or customers misunderstand the service we provide.

In the first instance, we would encourage you to discuss any problems verbally and informally with your principal contact within the company. If this office is the source of your complaint, staff here should be able to help quickly and answer any questions you may have. If this does not resolve your concerns, then the Company’s formal procedure can be invoked.

We have adopted a formal stage procedure to ensure that any complaint is dealt with fairly and that anyone with a grievance is aware of the procedure to follow, thus avoiding any additional frustration.

How do I make a formal complaint to you?

Stage 1 – Directors

If the verbal and informal approach does not satisfactorily deal with your concerns, we ask that you put your complaint in writing to one of the Directors responsible for the office that deals with the matter about which you wish to complain. If your complaint is about that person, please write to one of the other Directors. We advise you to keep copies of all correspondence sent to us and notes of any conversations or telephone calls.

In order that we can help resolve your concern as quickly and efficiently as possible, we ask you to provide the following information in the letter of complaint:

  • Your name, address and a daytime telephone number on which you can be contacted.
  • The name and office location of the individual within the company with whom you have been dealing.
  • A clear description of your complaint, giving concise details of what you believe has gone wrong.
  • Details of what you wish to be put right.

Your letter will be acknowledged within three working days of receipt and you will be advised of the timescale for sending a full reply, which will usually be within 21 days. An internal investigation into your complaint will be undertaken and, following completion of the same, you will be provide with a full response with details of what actions we have taken or will take. It is hoped that this response will resolve the matter to your complete satisfaction.

What can I do if I am still not satisfied?

If you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint, then it may be appropriate for the matter to be referred to an independent third party.

  • If you are a consumer, you should contact:
    The Property Ombudsman
    Milford House,
    43 - 55 Milford Street,
    SP1 2BP
    Tel No: 01722 333306
    Fax No: 01722 332296

    This is a free service.

  • If your complaint is in a business or corporate capacity, you should contact:
    The RICS Dispute Resolution Service
    Surveyor Court
    Westwood Way
    Coventry CV4 8JE
    Tel: 020 7334 3806
    Fax: 020 7334 3802
    Email: drs@rics.org